Friday, October 31, 2014

Just a couple more days...

We could really use some extra prayer these next couple days before we (hopefully) leave for New York!  Our flight leaves early Monday morning, and we have appointments Monday and Tuesday.  As long as everything goes well, Nora will have her first procedure on Thursday!  In order for this to happen, she needs to be healthy.  Wednesday night Nora started getting sick.  She had a fever and her tongue swelled up and she did not sleep more than a few minutes at a time and just felt miserable.  I took her to the doctor on Thursday and they put her on an antibiotic and steroid.  I talked to the doctors in NY and they said if she had a fever today (Friday), we would need to reschedule the trip.  God is so good, and so far today, she is feeling much better.  Her tongue looks much better and there have been no fevers.  Please pray that she continues to be fever free and heals completely from whatever caused the sickness initially!  Please also pray for the flight out there.  I am a little nervous flying with my little trach baby!  Please pray that she will tolerate the flight well and there will be no medical complications.  And lastly, please continue to pray for the procedure-for protection during the surgery, especially for her sweet little smile:) And also for the surgeons and all that will be involved in her care-for gentle hands and wisdom.  Thank you all so much for all the amazing love and support! Hopefully the next post will be from NYC!!


Nora loves to look out the window by her crib.  The other day she fell asleep like this

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't find a way to send you a personal message, so this will have to do. I live in Oregon and I can't even remember how I came to your blog. I follow it and pray for you all. Your story is special to me because I was born with cystic hygroma (what is now called lymphatic malformation). Mine was nowhere near as severe as Nora's is, but nonetheless, I think of your family often and pray for God's guidance and peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking and praying for all of you!! And for little Nora's beautiful smile!!
    Reeve family

    ReplyDelete